Some of you have had issues with YouTube for a variety of reasons. If your YouTube account doesn’t allow you to post videos, then use your Google Drive to embed videos.
Please use the directions below:
1. Upload video to Google Drive
2. Go to the three vertical dots…then go to embed item. **Update – if you don’t see this option – go to “pop-out”
3. Copy html
4. Go to “text” (html) page and Paste text
If it doesn’t embed then- change first < and > to [ and ] (see attached) photos
5. Publish and check to make sure it works
6. Go back and categorize and add a sentence or two about the task/post
Linked presentation HERE
The Hour of Code at Canadian Academy was a huge success. We had over 350 Secondary students and teachers participating between 2:25-3:25 last Friday and Ms. Shigeta did coding with all elementary students from KB through Grade 5 in their classes.
Through this whole school initiative, we hope that we peaked students’ interests with programming and Computer Science. Regardless of a person’s passion, understanding programming will allow them to create products and solutions in any field.
If students are interested in programming, we encourage them to sign-up for after school clubs, participate in Life is Tech camps around Japan and internally they can sign up for Design: Programming in Grade 9 and code in Grade 10 Design.
Here are the pictures from all of the Hour of Code events last week:
1. Secondary Hour of Code 2014
2. Elementary Hour of Code14
In class we watched Video Killed the Radio Star and were reflective about our tech use.
You discussed if you thought you were plugged in too much.
Now, what do you think?