During class, we made baked meringue, which is a type of dessert, easily made with minimal ingredients; egg white and sugar. Below are the steps to make meringue.
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Crack the egg and separate egg white from the egg yolk. For extra taste, add a small bit of salt.
- Using a sieve, sift the powdered white sugar.
- Using a hand mixer to whisk the egg white.
- Slowly add the powdered white sugar to the meringue mixture in the bowl.
- For an extra pop of color, paint on food coloring on the sides of the piping tube.
- Put meringue mixture in using spatula, ensuring that too much is not put, to avoid it from spilling.
- Squeeze the piping tube and create a swirl on a baking sheet placed on a tray.
- Bake in the oven.
Overall, I think the making of this product was successful. The process was relatively smooth; everyone cooperated, diving the tasks in order to be efficient and we were able to make our final product as envisioned. The colors turned out to be quite pretty, and I was satisfied with the taste as well, being a major sweet tooth.
The shape of the meringues were not consistent, which is ideal but considering we are amateurs, I think we did well.