In order to be able to divide fractions, you will have to follow the process below. For example, if the equation you want to find out the answer to is:
Dividing fractions is very easy if you know how to multiply fractions as it is the exact same as multiplying by the reciprocal.
Here is how to do so:
1. First, flip the second fraction so the denominator is 1 and the numerator is 3. It will look like this:
2. Next, change the ÷ to x. It will be like this:
3. If you already know how to multiply fractions, the last step is very easy.
4. However, before multiplying to find out the answer to the equation you have to make sure to simplify the numbers. In order to do so, you have to divide 9 by 3 as 9 is divisible by 3. Therefore, 9 will be 3 and 3 will be 1. It will be like the equation below:
5. The answer to the equation will be:
6. As the answer is an improper fraction, you have to convert it to a mixed number. The answer is: